Awhile ago I lost the stem that came with my Magic Flight Launch Box. I decided to try and look around to see if there was anything I could use as a substitute stem until I was able to get myself a replacement. I thought I would share with you the soultion I liked so much, that I have been using them as my main draw stems ever since.
The first thing that came to mind was a soda straw. I went digging around the drawers in the kitchen and found the box of spare straws I had laying around. The soda straw is almost a perfect fit. If anything it is just a bit small. I was able to fix that by warping a tiny piece of scotch tape around the end of the soda straw.
Follow these steps to create your own MFLB Replacement Stem:
- Find a spare soda straw. (You can clean out a used fast food straw or buy a box fro the grocery store)
- Pull about 2 inches of Scotch tape out of the dispencer.
- Wrap it around the end of the straw.
- Cut the straw down to length.
- If it is still loose add a second layer of tape. (I have never had an issue with needing more then one layer)
These DIY soda straw stems are inexpensive, easy to make, disposal, and look a little more stealthy then the glass stems. I like them so much that I never even bothered to order myself a replacement glass stem. I made a really short tutorial video that shows you the simple steps I take to make myself a replacement straw.
Do you have any modifications to the MFLB that you would like to share? Leave a comment below with your modification ideas.